Where find latest Slackware news?
Add Reply
Martha Adams
2018-08-29 00:46:33 UTC
As a longtime Slacker, I'm very interested to know what's going on
with Slackware. And in what to make of that, for better knowledge
of both Slackware's future, and my own.

So far, the best I can find in available Slackware information is,
that the Slackware supplier group or business, was too small and
too closed. Thus a choice by perhaps as few as one person, could
develop major consequences or even the end and disappearance of
Slackware from public cyberspace.

That's not what I want! But if hopeful, forward-looking developments
are in process, I've heard nothing of it. So I think Slackware's
most immediate need is, Slackware needs a central and authoritative
*news resource*. Could Alien do that? He's awful good but I've a
feeling he's up to his ears with all the work he's undertaken already.
So can someone else, someone with a public record and history of
forward-looking open-software / Slackware usefulness, start up the
news resource I think is Slackware's immediate need?

Titeotwawki -- Martha Adams [Tues 2018 Aug 28]
Henrik Carlqvist
2018-08-29 05:53:59 UTC
The official slackware news are located at http://www.slackware.com/ but
it hasn't been updated since more than two years ago when Slackware 14.2
was released. However, you can still follow the progress of the next
upcoming release at http://www.slackware.com/changelog/current.php?
cpu=x86_64 , that page is usually updated several times a week.

regards Henrik
Ars Ivci
2018-08-29 07:18:06 UTC
On 29-08-2018 03:46, Martha Adams wrote:
[...]
That's not what I want!  But if hopeful, forward-looking developments
are in process, I've heard nothing of it.  So I think Slackware's
most immediate need is, Slackware needs a central and authoritative
*news resource*.  Could Alien do that?  He's awful good but I've a
feeling he's up to his ears with all the work he's undertaken already.
So can someone else, someone with a public record and history of
forward-looking open-software / Slackware usefulness, start up the
news resource I think is Slackware's immediate need?
Titeotwawki -- Martha Adams [Tues 2018 Aug 28]
Best news resource seems to be the forum at Linux Questions:
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/forumdisplay.php?forumid=14

peace,
t.