pan
Add Reply
Chris Abela
2018-06-07 19:22:54 UTC
How do you access this usenet?

I found an application on my system called pan, is it adequate?
Bit Twister
2018-06-07 19:31:44 UTC
Post by Chris Abela
How do you access this usenet?
I found an application on my system called pan, is it adequate?
That is a matter of taste and what is important to you and if you use
different operating systems. I prefer slrn. I like all the
configuration controls, easy keyboard commands rather than having to
keep using the mouse in gui clients/readers.

Possible clients in no order:
alpine, kontact, knode, pan, thunderbird, slrn, Gnus, ...
Jerry Peters
tin
Bit Twister
2018-06-07 20:45:26 UTC
Post by Bit Twister
alpine, kontact, knode, pan, thunderbird, slrn, Gnus, ...
tin
Yup, over the years, I copied my newsrc from rn to tin to slrn.

I like slrn because you can write custom kill filters/macros and the
best feature is I can set an expiration date on posts and and run a nightly
cron/batch job to have cleanscore clean out expired entries in the kill
file.

For slrn users you can find it at http://www.slrn.org/links.html and
search for cleanscore to get it.
andrew
2018-06-08 09:24:03 UTC
Post by Bit Twister
For slrn users you can find it at http://www.slrn.org/links.html and
search for cleanscore to get it.
Copy here:

http://slrn.sourceforge.net/macros/cleanscore-0.9.8.1.tar.gz

Andrew
Do you think that's air you're breathing?
Arkadiusz Drabczyk
2018-06-07 20:13:17 UTC
Post by Chris Abela
How do you access this usenet?
I found an application on my system called pan, is it adequate?
I use slrn. I see that you probably use Google Groups interface. You
can see my user-agent after selecting "Show original" button:

You also have to choose a server, for example I use this:
https://www.eternal-september.org/. It's free but many servers are
paid.
--
Arkadiusz Drabczyk