AppImage
Add Reply
j***@wexfordpress.com
2018-05-30 18:19:25 UTC
Anyone find a way to use AppImage packages on Slackware?
John Culleton
Arkadiusz Drabczyk
2018-05-31 10:36:49 UTC
Post by j***@wexfordpress.com
Anyone find a way to use AppImage packages on Slackware?
Just set an executable bit and run it, for example:

$ chmod +x Subsurface-4.6.4-x86_64.AppImage
$ ./Subsurface-4.6.4-x86_64.AppImage

In some cases I got:

error while loading shared libraries: libselinux.so.1: cannot open

I did what it says here
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AppImage/AppImages/master/excludelist
and it worked:

# Note, after discussion we do not exlude this, but we can use a dummy library that just does nothing
# libselinux.so.1
# Workaround for:
# sed: error while loading shared libraries: libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
# Some distributions, such as Arch Linux, do not come with libselinux.so.1 by default.
# The solution is to bundle a dummy mock library:
# echo "extern int is_selinux_enabled(void){return 0;}" >> selinux-mock.c
# gcc -s -shared -o libselinux.so.1 -Wl,-soname,libselinux.so.1 selinux-mock.c
# strip libselinux.so.1
# More information: https://github.com/AppImage/AppImages/issues/83

What specific AppImage package are you having problem with?
Arkadiusz Drabczyk
Henrik Carlqvist
2018-06-01 21:32:22 UTC
Post by j***@wexfordpress.com
Anyone find a way to use AppImage packages on Slackware?
I can't say that I have much experience from AppImage, but I run Cura on
Slackware 14.2 in an AppImage.