touchscreen driver
John Forkosh
2018-01-21 13:07:36 UTC
Does this generic touch screen driver "just work"?...

https://slackware.pkgs.org/14.2/slackonly-x86_64/xinput_calibrator-0.7.5-x86_64-1_slonly.txz.html

Google pointed me to it, but I'm not finding much else about
slackware and touchscreens.
John Forkosh ( mailto: ***@f.com where j=john and f=forkosh )
Kevin Drysdale
2018-01-22 00:48:30 UTC
Post by John Forkosh
Does this generic touch screen driver "just work"?...
https://slackware.pkgs.org/14.2/slackonly-x86_64/xinput_calibrator-0.7.5-x86_64-1_slonly.txz.html
Google pointed me to it, but I'm not finding much else about
slackware and touchscreens.
Hello,

For what it's worth, I'm running Slackware64 14.2 on a Dell Optiplex 790,
attached to a Dell monitor with built-in touchscreen (sorry, can't remember
the exact model, but the multitouch controller is a 3M Microtouch), and
everything worked out-of-the-box. Didn't have to customise any settings or
load any non-included kernel modules or drivers or anything. I'm running
vmlinuz-huge-4.14.14 at the moment, but have never had any problems. So
you might find you don't need anything beyond what comes with the distro.
John Forkosh
2018-01-22 12:50:15 UTC
Post by Kevin Drysdale
Post by John Forkosh
Does this generic touch screen driver "just work"?...
https://slackware.pkgs.org/14.2/slackonly-x86_64/xinput_calibrator-0.7.5-x86_64-1_slonly.txz.html
Google pointed me to it, but I'm not finding much else about
slackware and touchscreens.
Hello,
For what it's worth, I'm running Slackware64 14.2 on a Dell Optiplex 790,
attached to a Dell monitor with built-in touchscreen (sorry, can't remember
the exact model, but the multitouch controller is a 3M Microtouch), and
everything worked out-of-the-box. Didn't have to customise any settings or
load any non-included kernel modules or drivers or anything. I'm running
vmlinuz-huge-4.14.14 at the moment, but have never had any problems. So
you might find you don't need anything beyond what comes with the distro.
Thanks, Kevin. Sounds good.
--
John Forkosh ( mailto: ***@f.com where j=john and f=forkosh )