Time on my hands
Add Reply
Joe Rosevear
2020-03-24 14:25:15 UTC
Hey, I've got some time on my hands.

So I've been working on some projects:

-I posted to my blog at http://joeslife.org

My blog post tells about a python script that I found and modified.
I call it Dupe. It sends email.

-I updated my SAM project at:

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/sam-kernel

-I made a project for Dupe at

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/dupe

Anybody know where I can (appropriately) post this sort of
announcement?

-Joe
Martha Adams
2020-03-24 15:19:03 UTC
Post by Joe Rosevear
Hey, I've got some time on my hands.
-I posted to my blog at http://joeslife.org
My blog post tells about a python script that I found and modified.
I call it Dupe. It sends email.
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/sam-kernel
-I made a project for Dupe at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/dupe
Anybody know where I can (appropriately) post this sort of
announcement?
-Joe

Joe, I think *right here* is a good enough place. I think that because
I notice today's cyberspace is very stratified on parameter of
intellectual capacity and content. That is to say, most posters these
days into cyberspace are to put it simply, *stupid*. The constraint
here is some familiarity with Slackware, and it weeds-out a lot of
stuff and those who write it. For which reason to my thinking, your
topics that want some actual intellectual effort and work, fit in
just fine. To see contrary examples explore today's sf fandom, once
a hotbed of ideas, thinking, and upcoming authors, now become
something entirely else.

Titeotwawki -- Martha Adams [Tues 2020 Mar 24]
Paolo Vincenzo Olivo
2020-03-24 19:53:58 UTC
Post by Joe Rosevear
Hey, I've got some time on my hands.
-I posted to my blog at http://joeslife.org
My blog post tells about a python script that I found and modified.
I call it Dupe. It sends email.
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/sam-kernel
-I made a project for Dupe at
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/dupe
Thanks, SAM raised my curiosity, I'm looking forward to giving it a shot ;)
Post by Joe Rosevear
Anybody know where I can (appropriately) post this sort of
announcement?
I think Martha is right here: given the current unbareable overflow of blog posts
affecting the Web, mostly consisting of biased, emphasized, entry-level,
tediously repetitive content designed only to attract the largest audience possible,
the best thing to do when you're writing something specific is to forward it to
whom it may concern, providing you have no reason to suspect your post will
be regarded as spam.
You may also consider writing to the unofficial UK Slackware user mailing list:

Best luck with your projects
--
~ Paolo Vincenzo Olivo ~ <***@sdf.org>
SDF Public Access UNIX System - https://sdf.org
PGP Key fingerprint = 39F1 9E55 77AF 6BF3 005 B181 8F2A 9A4D 9001 2186
Henrik Carlqvist
2020-03-25 06:59:15 UTC
Anybody know where I can (appropriately) post this sort of announcement?
Another good place to post information about new opensource software and
releases is http://freshcode.club/