Problem with current current
2021-08-21 01:29:15 UTC
The kernel is not built. There are no modules installed.
Nothing works.

So I tried to build the kernel. After make modules
make modules_install fails with
cannot stat 'modules.builtin' no such file or directory.

Perhaps one of you might tell what went wrong?

I tried to build the modules 3 times, first with
the included .config, secon with a .config from an
earlier kernel which I just defaulted on all the new
options, and finally one in which I deleted the
build of some X32 which some usenet response suggested.

This is horribly broken.
Rinaldi
2021-08-21 03:17:23 UTC
The kernel is not built. There are no modules installed.
Nothing works.
Unless you blacklisted them they should install/upgrade
(etc/slackpkg/blacklist
Post by root
So I tried to build the kernel. After make modules
make modules_install fails with
cannot stat 'modules.builtin' no such file or directory.
Perhaps one of you might tell what went wrong?
I tried to build the modules 3 times, first with
the included .config, secon with a .config from an
earlier kernel which I just defaulted on all the new
options, and finally one in which I deleted the
build of some X32 which some usenet response suggested.
This is horribly broken.
This is what I use:

rsync -aAXPvh --delete-after --exclude={isolinux,source,kdei} \
rsync://ftp.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-current/ \
/usr/src/spkg/CURRENT/

Presumes /usr/src/spkg/CURRENT/ exists

/etc/slackpkg/mirrors
file://usr/src/spkg/CURRENT/

My slackpkg.conf:

grep -v "^#" /etc/slackpkg/slackpkg.conf

TEMP=/usr/src/spkg/CURRENT/

WORKDIR=/var/lib/slackpkg

WGETFLAGS="--passive-ftp"

DELALL=off

CHECKMD5=on

CHECKGPG=on

CHECKSIZE=off

PRIORITY=(testing patches %PKGMAIN extra pasture )

POSTINST=on

ONLY_NEW_DOTNEW=off

ORIG_BACKUPS=off

ONOFF=on

DOWNLOAD_ALL=on

DIALOG=on

BATCH=off

DEFAULT_ANSWER=n

USE_INCLUDES=on

SPINNING=on

DIALOG_MAXARGS=139000

This setup has worked for me for years. Hope it helps.
root
2021-08-21 04:30:19 UTC
Post by root
So I tried to build the kernel. After make modules
make modules_install fails with
cannot stat 'modules.builtin' no such file or directory.
Perhaps one of you might tell what went wrong?
I tried to build the modules 3 times, first with
the included .config, secon with a .config from an
earlier kernel which I just defaulted on all the new
options, and finally one in which I deleted the
build of some X32 which some usenet response suggested.
This is horribly broken.
All the problems I encountered are of my own making.