Post by Rich Post by root
I'm pretty sure you are correct about why Slackbuilds does not
I went through the same process on other machines I maintain
for my friends and their copies of mplayer were not affected.
Mplayer is distributed with slackware, so you'll find source and a
mplayer buildscript on your slackware install disk (or can download the
same from the slackware website).
Download/retreive the mplayer source, rebuild it (after you've finished
rebuilding kernel and vdpau modules) and then it should work. I
belive, as built on a slackware install disk for a standard install,
the mplayer binaries do not build in vdpau support.
Thanks for responding Rich:
I tried just those steps and failed. I went to :
I downloaded mplayer git-2.9.0.tar.xz
and the Slackbuilds script.
The script chugged away for a while, then bombed out.
So I went through my archives and found the directory
that I built the version of mplayer. You are correct,
the standard mplayer does not enable vdpau so my
.configure used --enable-vdpau
I built mplayer again from my old source. The result
would not run.
mplayer does run with -vo gl, but not with -vo vdpau.
I then noticed a strange file in /etc:
Which popped after the grand patch update. This tells
me that something in the system changed regarding
vdpau. Changing or deleting that file in /etc
does not affect mplayer's ability to use vdpau.
Then I went way back into my archives and pulled
up a very early system running 14.2. It must
be almost five years old. I booted into that
system and its mplayer would *NOT* run with
vdpau although it did when it was my current system.
Back then I was running a much older NVidia card
with vga/hdmi output. Now I am running with 4K
I just tried again at a different mirror site.
The ./configure stops at:
No FFmpeg checkout, press enter to download one with git or CTRL+C to abort
It is here where the link to git spins its wheels and bombs. This time
I pulled down the (tiny) ffmpeg tar.xz file and checked
the configure file. There was only a disable for vdpau so I
wemt with the default .configure.
I have built ffmpeg many times before and it always takes
a long time. I wasn't watching all the time, but from
what is coming up on the screen now it looks like
after configuring the ffmpeg chunk and running make
it is building mplayer. It bombed out with source