Old kernels
Add Reply
m***@privacy.net
2018-11-06 16:10:37 UTC
Does anybody know where to find old, "historic" kernels? It seems
kernel.org doesn't have an ftp site anymore to archive all kernels.
Rich
2018-11-06 16:34:51 UTC
Post by m***@privacy.net
Does anybody know where to find old, "historic" kernels? It seems
kernel.org doesn't have an ftp site anymore to archive all kernels.
No, they don't seem to, but the https: site seems to have kernels all
the way back to some v1.0 versions:

https://www.kernel.org/

https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/
m***@privacy.net
2018-11-06 17:09:59 UTC
Post by m***@privacy.net
Does anybody know where to find old, "historic" kernels? It seems
kernel.org doesn't have an ftp site anymore to archive all kernels.
No, they don't seem to, but the https: site seems to have kernels all
https://www.kernel.org/
https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/
Thank you, that's what I need. I haven't been able to find that second
link.
Rich
2018-11-06 20:51:27 UTC
Post by m***@privacy.net
Post by Rich
Post by m***@privacy.net
Does anybody know where to find old, "historic" kernels? It seems
kernel.org doesn't have an ftp site anymore to archive all kernels.
No, they don't seem to, but the https: site seems to have kernels all
https://www.kernel.org/
https://mirrors.edge.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/
Thank you, that's what I need. I haven't been able to find that second
link.
I found it by browsing to the first link (the short one), then clicking
the URL under "Location" next to "HTTP" under "Protocol" in the middle
of the screen. From there I clicked "linux" and then "kernel" to get
to the final link.