How2 GRUBboot Slak13's lilo-booted partition?
d***@gmail.com
2021-06-01 10:05:42 UTC
I had a standard slackware-13 installation running on a PC.
Now I'm forced to use a laptop. ShitHole location: needs mobility.
Via a USBhub, with a USBdisk, which `lsblk` shows as : ...
sdc 8:32 0 465.8G 0 disk
sdc1 8:33 0 690.3M 0 part /media/Tosh1Ext4
sdc2 8:34 0 2.1G 0 part /media/Reisr2ext4
sdc3 8:35 0 3.1G 0 part /media/Toshi3
sdc4 8:36 0 459.9G 0 part /media/Tosh4Slak13_
I can `chroot /media/Tosh4Slak13_` to the good-old-stuff
that's been copied from the original PC's disk.
But obviously I'd like to be able to DIRECTLY-RUN the partition:
Tosh4Slak13_, which looks like this:- ...
# ls /media/Tosh4Slak13_/boot/ | wc -l =19 and some are:--...
README.initrd
System.map-huge-2.6.29.6
System.map-huge-smp-2.6.29.6-smp
boot_message.txt
config
config-huge-2.6.29.6
config-huge-smp-2.6.29.6-smp
diag1.img
slack.bmp
vmlinuz
vmlinuz-huge-2.6.29.6
vmlinuz-huge-smp-2.6.29.6-smp ...
----When I select the <Tosh4Slak13_> from the UEFIbootMenu,
slackware-13's lilo starts <tracing> but fails to install.
It ends with: "(initramfs)"
AFAIR the setup for the lilo was the STANDARD for those-days,
eg. huge & no initram.
How would I make a GRUB boot-entry in the Debian7's USBstik,
[that's now running] to boot Slak13 ?
--- TIA.
PS. Let's see what GRUBshell sees in /dev/sdc4 ?
That must be where the lilo-settings are ?
ReStart > F7 > grub e > ls <Tab> ...
Or NO! How did lilo work? Probably showed a menu, and I
SELECTED <huge ...etc> ?
Pascal Hambourg
2021-06-02 11:40:54 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
----When I select the <Tosh4Slak13_> from the UEFIbootMenu,
slackware-13's lilo starts <tracing> but fails to install.
It ends with: "(initramfs)"
What do you mean by "select from the EFIbootMenu" ?
Do you really have a UEFI boot entry labelled "Tosh4Slak13_" ?
AFAIK, LILO is not compatible with EFI boot. Do you mean eLILO ?
What do you mean by "<tracing>" ?
What do you mean by "fails to install" ?
What is displayed before "(initramfs)" ?
Post by d***@gmail.com
AFAIR the setup for the lilo was the STANDARD for those-days,
eg. huge & no initram.
So I guess the root= parameter points to the original /dev/sd* root
device. Can you see LILO's menu ?
Post by d***@gmail.com
PS. Let's see what GRUBshell sees in /dev/sdc4 ?
That must be where the lilo-settings are ?
ReStart > F7 > grub e > ls <Tab> ...
What does that show ?