ldconfig - truncated
Charles Coffee
2019-06-22 17:08:01 UTC
Anyone have an idea how I can fix a list of 64 libraries that come up as
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/lib*.* is truncated

can post complete output if needed, it is somewhat lengthy.

This happened somehow when I was trying to install DraftSight for Linux,
and I am not even sure how I managed to pull this off!!

Thanks in advance
Chuckels
Henrik Carlqvist
2019-06-22 18:42:07 UTC
Post by Charles Coffee
Anyone have an idea how I can fix a list of 64 libraries that come up as
ldconfig: file /usr/lib/lib*.* is truncated
Reinstall the packages that includes those libraries.
Post by Charles Coffee
can post complete output if needed, it is somewhat lengthy.
You might have to if you need a more detailed answer like which packages
it is.
Post by Charles Coffee
This happened somehow when I was trying to install DraftSight for Linux,
and I am not even sure how I managed to pull this off!!
Did you try to install the slackbuild? It seems as if that one is no
longer maintained:
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.2/graphics/draftsight/?
search=draftsight

Are you running 64 bit Slackware like most do today or are you running
old 32 bit Slackware? In /usr/lib you should only have 32 bit libraries.
Even on 64 bit Slackware you might have some 32 bit libraries if you have
added multilib.