libevent bump
Rinaldi J. Montessi
2019-08-03 21:25:52 UTC
Current64 has an upgrade of libevent-2.1.so.6 to .7.

Knowing this can be a hassle I thought I'd see how many executables had
this for a dependency.

Unfortunately my efforts to recurse through the $PATH, ldd each binary
and grep libevent were fruitless.

find /usr/bin -type f -print0 -exec ldd {} \; xargs -0 grep libevent-2

doesn't get me there.

Any suggestions?

Roinaldi
--
The Arkansas legislature passed a law that states that the Arkansas
River can rise no higher than to the Main Street bridge in Little
Rock.
Henrik Carlqvist
2019-08-04 07:40:53 UTC
Post by Rinaldi J. Montessi
Current64 has an upgrade of libevent-2.1.so.6 to .7.
Knowing this can be a hassle I thought I'd see how many executables had
this for a dependency.
Unfortunately my efforts to recurse through the $PATH, ldd each binary
and grep libevent were fruitless.
find /usr/bin -type f -print0 -exec ldd {} \; xargs -0 grep libevent-2
doesn't get me there.
Any suggestions?
Roinaldi
Simple solution:

fgrep libevent-2 /usr/bin/*

regards Henrik
Rinaldi J. Montessi
2019-08-04 13:12:47 UTC
Post by Rinaldi J. Montessi
Current64 has an upgrade of libevent-2.1.so.6 to .7.
Knowing this can be a hassle I thought I'd see how many executables had
this for a dependency.
Unfortunately my efforts to recurse through the $PATH, ldd each binary
and grep libevent were fruitless.
find /usr/bin -type f -print0 -exec ldd {} \; xargs -0 grep libevent-2
doesn't get me there.
Any suggestions?
Roinaldi
fgrep libevent-2 /usr/bin/*
regards Henrik
Thank you. I now realize there are any number of solutions to my
question. The strings command made things much clearer.

Rinaldi