Captia problem: can't register at LinuxQuestion.org
Mike Keithley
2019-08-30 04:40:12 UTC
I can't register at LinuxQuestion.org because there is a captia that I
can't see. Can't see the screen and don't have sighted help.

Do any of you know of a forum admistrator at LinuxQuestion.org I might
contact via email?

Many thanks.
Eli the Bearded
2019-08-30 02:28:23 UTC
Post by Mike Keithley
Do any of you know of a forum admistrator at LinuxQuestion.org I might
contact via email?
I don't have an account there, but I notice they have twitter and
facebook links:

https://twitter.com/linuxquestions
http://www.facebook.com/LinuxQuestions.org

Digging around, I found the wiki references a mailing list and the
mailing list site gives a contact of "jeremy at linuxquestions.org"
(and Jeremy is the name associated with the active twitter account), so
that's probably a good start.

https://www.linuxquestions.org/
links to
https://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/rules.html
links to
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Main_Page
links to
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/LQWiki:Privacy_policy
links to
http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/LQWiki:About
links to
http://lists.linuxquestions.org/mailman/listinfo/lqwiki-list
links to
http://lists.linuxquestions.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman
has that contact.

(I also visited a few other pages, like Jeremy's blog -- no longer
updating, but that sort of path is how I look for contact info.)

Elijah
------
generally looks in legal documents, eg privacy and terms, for contact info
Jimmy Johnson
2019-08-30 04:34:07 UTC
I don't think that test works if you're blocking google.
contact via email?
notbob
2019-08-30 15:29:40 UTC
Post by Mike Keithley
I can't register at LinuxQuestion.org because there is a captia that I
can't see. Can't see the screen and don't have sighted help.
Do any of you know of a forum admistrator at LinuxQuestion.org I might
contact via email?
Try upgrading yer "browser".

I've found reading my primary financial's website requires constant
"upgrading" of my primary's Slackware browser (Firefox).

Hence, the "Security Advisories" on the Slackware.com web-site. Pick a
year and try and download it. If it is valid, it will download. Go
as high as you can (year). ;)

nb
The Real Bev
2019-08-30 22:36:55 UTC
Post by Mike Keithley
I can't register at LinuxQuestion.org because there is a captia that I
can't see. Can't see the screen and don't have sighted help.
Do any of you know of a forum admistrator at LinuxQuestion.org I might
contact via email?
Try upgrading yer "browser".
I've found reading my primary financial's website requires constant
"upgrading" of my primary's Slackware browser (Firefox).
Hence, the "Security Advisories" on the Slackware.com web-site. Pick a
year and try and download it. If it is valid, it will download. Go
as high as you can (year). ;)
Latest FF update for linux. I can see almost NO captchas. Real
nuisance to have to fire up chrome (which makes me feel dirty) because
firefox can't do this simple thing -- it can't play a lot of videos, too.

My loyalty is being tested more and more; the fact that I can't
configure chrome to have GOOD vertical tabs is the most important reason
I stay with firefox.
--
Cheers, Bev
HAMMER: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays
far from the object we are trying to hit.
notbob
2019-08-31 20:15:52 UTC
Post by The Real Bev
Latest FF update for linux. I can see almost NO captchas.
Never did "capchya's" on my linux box, nor have I ever used that other
thing you mentioned ("dirty"). If I want the world to know what I'm
doing, I go out on my W10 box.

Do they still make k-v-m (keyboard-video-mouse) switches? I think
Beldin was tha last I heard. ;)

nb
The Real Bev
2019-09-01 14:18:24 UTC
Post by notbob
Post by The Real Bev
Latest FF update for linux. I can see almost NO captchas.
Never did "capchya's" on my linux box, nor have I ever used that other
thing you mentioned ("dirty"). If I want the world to know what I'm
doing, I go out on my W10 box.
Do they still make k-v-m (keyboard-video-mouse) switches? I think
Beldin was tha last I heard. ;)
Lots.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/computer-cables-connectors/kvm-switches/abcat0515015.c?id=abcat0515015

https://www.newegg.com/KVM-Switches/SubCategory/ID-143
--
Cheers, Bev
"The way England treats her prisoners, she doesn't
deserve to have any." --Oscar Wilde
notbob

nb
Dave W
2019-09-11 20:14:39 UTC
Post by Mike Keithley
I can't register at LinuxQuestion.org because there is a captia that I
can't see. Can't see the screen and don't have sighted help.
Do any of you know of a forum admistrator at LinuxQuestion.org I might
contact via email?
Try upgrading yer "browser".
I've found reading my primary financial's website requires constant
"upgrading" of my primary's Slackware browser (Firefox).
Hence, the "Security Advisories" on the Slackware.com web-site. Pick a
year and try and download it. If it is valid, it will download. Go
as high as you can (year). ;)
nb
FWIW I've been using a text browser (elinks) for years on LQ. There was a
problem when I started hitting captchas this year, but Jeremy whitelisted Tor
IP addresses after I posted it as an issue.

-D