xfce4-weather plugin not working
Harold Johanssen
2021-03-11 03:48:57 UTC
It would seem that the API the the version of the xfce4-weather
plugin distributed with 14.2 uses in order to obtain meteorological data
has been discontinued. As a result, this plugin has stopped working.

Anybody know whether xfce4-plugin is going to be updated for
14.2, or whether we'll just have to wait for 15?
dillinger
2021-03-11 21:59:22 UTC
Post by Harold Johanssen
It would seem that the API the the version of the xfce4-weather
plugin distributed with 14.2 uses in order to obtain meteorological data
has been discontinued. As a result, this plugin has stopped working.
Anybody know whether xfce4-plugin is going to be updated for
14.2, or whether we'll just have to wait for 15?
Some old versions at met.no have been terminated: https://api.met.no/blog/
The problem is that all versions later than 8.11 require GKT+ >= 3.22,
which is not and probably will not be included with Slackware 14.2.
https://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-weather-plugin/
Some tweaking might fix this, it appears there is a working version of
8.11 for Mint, but else we'll have to wait for Slackware 15, I'm afraid.
dillinger
That is version 0.8.11 of course.
dillinger
2021-03-16 02:39:49 UTC
Post by dillinger
Post by dillinger
    It would seem that the API the the version of the xfce4-weather
plugin distributed with 14.2 uses in order to obtain meteorological data
has been discontinued. As a result, this plugin has stopped working.
    Anybody know whether xfce4-plugin is going to be updated for
14.2, or whether we'll just have to wait for 15?
https://api.met.no/blog/
The problem is that all versions later than 8.11 require GKT+ >= 3.22,
which is not and probably will not be included with Slackware 14.2.
https://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-weather-plugin/
Some tweaking might fix this, it appears there is a working version of
8.11 for Mint, but else we'll have to wait for Slackware 15, I'm afraid.
That is version 0.8.11 of course.
A working version is now available for Salix, works on Slackware too:

https://download.salixos.org/x86_64/14.2/salix/xfce/xfce4-weather-plugin-0.8.11-x86_64-1gv_salix14.2.txz

You can find this on https://slackware.pkgs.org/
Clark Smith