Slackware Curren Nvidia HDMI Sound Has Stopped Working
2021-06-08 10:39:37 UTC
Just a heads up. After a week of no updates, Patrick decided to upgrade
the 5.10 kernel to 5.12 and I lost legacy nvidia hdmi audio. Hope it
gets fixed soon.

Thanks,

Fool Install - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda11
Registered Linux User #380263
Rinaldi
2021-06-08 12:10:17 UTC
Post by Jimmy Johnson
Just a heads up. After a week of no updates, Patrick decided to upgrade
the 5.10 kernel to 5.12 and I lost legacy nvidia hdmi audio. Hope it
gets fixed soon.
Thanks,
Using an older model RADEON here and had to revert to alsa 1.2.4 to get
HDMI sound back.

See:

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/alsa-lib-1-2-5-broke-hdmi-and-displayport-audio-4175695880/
Jimmy Johnson
2021-06-08 23:34:03 UTC
Post by Rinaldi
Post by Jimmy Johnson
Just a heads up. After a week of no updates, Patrick decided to
upgrade the 5.10 kernel to 5.12 and I lost legacy nvidia hdmi audio.
Hope it gets fixed soon.
Thanks,
Using an older model RADEON here and had to revert to alsa 1.2.4 to get
HDMI sound back.
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/alsa-lib-1-2-5-broke-hdmi-and-displayport-audio-4175695880/
I removed the new version and installed 'alsa-lib-1.2.4-x86_64-3.txz'
fixing the problem. I have two installs of current on this box and will
wait for slackware to fix the problem before I upgrade the second
install. Maybe all they need to do is pull the new version and replace
it with the old version. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Thank you for the help! :)

Slackware64 Current - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda7
2021-06-10 09:44:10 UTC
Post by Jimmy Johnson
Post by Rinaldi
Post by Jimmy Johnson
Just a heads up. After a week of no updates, Patrick decided to
upgrade the 5.10 kernel to 5.12 and I lost legacy nvidia hdmi audio.
Hope it gets fixed soon.
Thanks,
Using an older model RADEON here and had to revert to alsa 1.2.4 to
get HDMI sound back.
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/alsa-lib-1-2-5-broke-hdmi-and-displayport-audio-4175695880/
I removed the new version and installed 'alsa-lib-1.2.4-x86_64-3.txz'
fixing the problem. I have two installs of current on this box and will
wait for slackware to fix the problem before I upgrade the second
install. Maybe all they need to do is pull the new version and replace
it with the old version. I hope they get it fixed soon.
Thank you for the help! :)
Fixed with the latest upgrade, that was fast!

Slackware64 Current - i7-2820QM - EXT4 at sda9