What is the status now of Klingon as a modern language?
Martha Adams
2020-09-03 18:14:33 UTC
I haven't heard anything lately about Klingon. There used to be a
Klingon Language Institute, but where is it now? Is Klingon still
around as an actively developing and supported language?

Who if anybody, is doing Klingon now? Are there people in today's
fandom, bright enough to be doing something like this? ??

Titeotwawki -- Martha Adams [Thr 2020 Sep 03]
Aragorn
2020-09-03 20:30:00 UTC
Post by Martha Adams
I haven't heard anything lately about Klingon. There used to be a
Klingon Language Institute, but where is it now? Is Klingon still
around as an actively developing and supported language?
Who if anybody, is doing Klingon now? Are there people in today's
fandom, bright enough to be doing something like this? ??
The popularity of the universal translator — invented somewhere in the
22nd century (by the Vulcans, I believe) — has negated the requirement
for learning Klingon. We can now even engage in communication with
Gamma and Delta Quadrant species, although Breen and Tholian remain
somewhat problematic. :p
--
With respect,
= Aragorn =
Joe Rosevear
2020-09-25 05:37:36 UTC
Post by Martha Adams
I haven't heard anything lately about Klingon. There used to be a
Klingon Language Institute, but where is it now? Is Klingon still
around as an actively developing and supported language?
Who if anybody, is doing Klingon now? Are there people in today's
fandom, bright enough to be doing something like this? ??
Titeotwawki -- Martha Adams [Thr 2020 Sep 03]
Maybe this will help?

http://www.kli.org

-Joe