Slackpkg question
Rinaldi
2021-02-19 14:49:18 UTC
Running slackware-current as of this morning. Normal procedure is to
rsync current, update slackpkg, install new and upgrade all.

Received the following:

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
One or more errors occurred while slackpkg was running:

aaa_libraries-15.0-x86_64-3.txz: Not found
pkgtools-15.0-noarch-37.txz: Not found
aaa_libraries-15.0-x86_64-3.txz: Not found
pkgtools-15.0-noarch-37.txz: Not found

Yet:

$ slackpkg search aaa_libraries
Looking for aaa_libraries in package list. Please wait... DONE
The list below shows all packages with name matching "aaa_libraries".
[ installed ] - aaa_libraries-15.0-x86_64-3

$ slackpkg search pkgtools
Looking for pkgtools in package list. Please wait... DONE
The list below shows all packages with name matching "pkgtools".
[ installed ] - pkgtools-15.0-noarch-37

Ideas please.

Rinaldi
a***@eskimo.com
2021-02-20 02:39:40 UTC
Post by Rinaldi
Running slackware-current as of this morning. Normal procedure is to
rsync current, update slackpkg, install new and upgrade all.
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
aaa_libraries-15.0-x86_64-3.txz: Not found
pkgtools-15.0-noarch-37.txz: Not found
aaa_libraries-15.0-x86_64-3.txz: Not found
pkgtools-15.0-noarch-37.txz: Not found
$ slackpkg search aaa_libraries
Looking for aaa_libraries in package list. Please wait... DONE
The list below shows all packages with name matching "aaa_libraries".
[ installed ] - aaa_libraries-15.0-x86_64-3
$ slackpkg search pkgtools
Looking for pkgtools in package list. Please wait... DONE
The list below shows all packages with name matching "pkgtools".
[ installed ] - pkgtools-15.0-noarch-37
Ideas please.
Rinaldi
Sometimes I get this when I interrupt the rsync and files look okay but
they are filled with garbage...

Check the rsync by reading and using the CHECKSUMS.md5 file
for example with slackware64-current:

cd slackware64-current
tail +13 CHECKSUMS.md5 | md5sum -c --quiet - | less

If bad file checksums are found, erase the files and rerun rsync.
Rinaldi
2021-02-20 04:17:15 UTC
Post by a***@eskimo.com
Post by Rinaldi
[...]
Thanks for that but all was good. And the warning is not recurring, so
perhaps I did have a couple of bad files but subsequent rsync's cured
the problem.