Imap and dovecot
Rinaldi J. Montessi
2018-03-14 19:25:53 UTC
I've missed something somewhere.

Running Current as of this morning.

I use slackpkg for package management. Reading through the changelog I
saw a lot of packages being removed so a ran a slackpkg clean-system
before install-new and upgrade-all.

imap is no longer in current, replaced by dovecot, however inetd still
calls for imapd for traffic on ports 110 and 143.

I blocked out the imap and pop entries in inetd.conf, restarted the
inetd server, and started dovecot.

No joy.

Re-installed imapd and all is working well.

What did I miss?

Rinaldi
--
One good reason why computers can do more work than people is that they
never have to stop and answer the phone.
noel
2018-03-18 22:08:11 UTC
Post by Rinaldi J. Montessi
I've missed something somewhere.
Running Current as of this morning.
I use slackpkg for package management. Reading through the changelog I
saw a lot of packages being removed so a ran a slackpkg clean-system
before install-new and upgrade-all.
imap is no longer in current, replaced by dovecot, however inetd still
calls for imapd for traffic on ports 110 and 143.
I blocked out the imap and pop entries in inetd.conf, restarted the
inetd server, and started dovecot.
No joy.
Re-installed imapd and all is working well.
What did I miss?
Rinaldi
did you configure /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf ?