John Prine Died
2020-04-09 09:01:38 UTC
An old friend died yesterday, like so many others they are blaming it on
the virus.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Prine

I think John Prine may have left us a message before he left us. When I
Get To Heaven (Lyric Video)

The first John Prine song I heard was at a friends recording studio back
in '74, Harbor Records in Santa Cruz and we where listening to a new
album by John Prine called Bruised Orange, this is track one from that album

I start that album when I go to bed at night I can tell you I will be
asleep before the album is finished. Here is the last track on the album
Bruised Orange; The Hobo Song

The first time I saw John I was working one of his shows when I sneaked
in to his dressing room, seeing a bottle of vodka on the table I asked
John if I could have a drink and he said sure. About that time by boss
poked his head in and wiggled his finger at me. I guess I've got to go
now, see you later John. And the next thing you know John writes this
song; Forbidden Jimmy

Ah heck, I can listen to John Prine all nightlong;

See you later old friend,

Slackware64 KDE5 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda7

Slackware64 KDE5 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda7
2020-04-11 01:53:41 UTC
Sorry guys about posting the 'Off Topic', I guess I was upset at the
time as if a member of my family had passed away and a bit angry about
it too.

All the best,

Slackware64 KDE5 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda7