Missing Perl module
Doug Weiman
2020-04-14 16:46:12 UTC
I have a little Perl utility (from the net - I know next to
nothing about Perl) that, when invoked, prints out the following
diagnostic:

Can't locate getopts.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /
usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/
vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /opt/utility/bin/utl
line 20.

Anybody know how to install the corresponding software in
Slackware? For example, is this part of any Slackbuilds packages?
Eli the Bearded
2020-04-14 17:48:19 UTC
Post by Doug Weiman
I have a little Perl utility (from the net - I know next to
nothing about Perl) that, when invoked, prints out the following
usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/
vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /opt/utility/bin/utl
line 20.
Anybody know how to install the corresponding software in
Slackware? For example, is this part of any Slackbuilds packages?
I suspect that was written for an older version of perl. On the server
I'm using right now there are eight major versions of perl installed.
It looks like getops.pl was removed between 5.14.4 and 5.20.0

It also seems like the Perl4::CoreLibs compatibilty module will provide
a replacement. I'm not sure if that's in Slackbuilds or if you need to
use CPAN to install it. From memory, that's something like:

perl -MCPAN -e shell
[ configure if first time using ]
i Perl4::CoreLibs

Elijah