dovecot/sendmail on -current/15
Ralph Spitzner
2018-01-22 10:28:45 UTC
I was fiddling with the dovecot config about 30 mins. before I gave up
and installed imapd from 14.1/2.

Is there anything like an:
"make_dovecot_behave_like_imapd_did_for_dummies.config" ?

Also it took me a minute to find that /usr/sbin/sendmail just calls
itself sendmail but really is postfix.

Shouldn't that be a link rather than a file ?

(I'll keep sendmail around , took me long enough to get the config right
:-) )

-rasp
--
Never put off till run-time what you can do at compile-time.
-- D. Gries
Bit Twister
2018-01-22 11:39:25 UTC
Post by Ralph Spitzner
I was fiddling with the dovecot config about 30 mins. before I gave up
and installed imapd from 14.1/2.
"make_dovecot_behave_like_imapd_did_for_dummies.config" ?
I no nothing about Slackware, I run Mageia Linux.
Changes I made was to create /etc/dovecot/conf.d/ and a file with my
changes.

$ cat /etc/dovecot/conf.d/xx__dovecot.conf
# Created by /local/bin/dovecot_changes Sat 13 Jan 04:47 2018
listen = *
log_path = /var/log/dovecot/errors.log
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot/info.log
mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
mail_privileged_group = mail
#************** end /etc/dovecot/conf.d/xx__dovecot.conf *********
Ralph Spitzner
2018-01-24 11:06:09 UTC
Post by Bit Twister
listen = *
log_path = /var/log/dovecot/errors.log
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot/info.log
mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
mail_privileged_group = mail
after adding default_login_user and default_internal_user seamonkey can
login, but gets NOPERM on Inbox and the other mailboxfiles are not found.

(i.e. Sent, which is basically a flat file in ~/)

-rasp
Ralph Spitzner
2018-01-24 11:13:46 UTC
Post by Bit Twister
listen = *
[...]

Ok, forget my last post mailboxes go to ~/mail/* :-)

However I had to add
mail_access_groups=mail

for the permission thing.

-rasp
A Guy Called Tyketto
2018-01-25 07:28:22 UTC
Post by Ralph Spitzner
I was fiddling with the dovecot config about 30 mins. before I gave up
and installed imapd from 14.1/2.
"make_dovecot_behave_like_imapd_did_for_dummies.config" ?
Also it took me a minute to find that /usr/sbin/sendmail just calls
itself sendmail but really is postfix.
Shouldn't that be a link rather than a file ?
No. postfix installs a binary as /usr/sbin/sendmail. This is for
compatibility issues with other programs. Exim does this as well. For
every mail server to work in any *nix environment, a sendmail binary
must be installed. Postfix emulates it, but with a hell of a lot easier
configuration.

BL.
--
Brad Littlejohn | Email: ***@sbcglobal.net